Welcome to Week 09 of Grumo’s 12-week course creation challenge!
This week we’re going to create a YouTube channel specifically dedicated to help you sell online courses.
Most of today’s top online instructors use YouTube as one of their main marketing channels. This week we will implement the exact strategies that make their channels such awesome lead generation sources.
I know many of you already have a YouTube channel but that doesn’t mean it’s optimized to sell online courses. So if you think you have nothing to do this week you’re wrong my little cookie-eating grasshoppers!
Below you’ll find the exact instructions to convert your Youtube channel into a 24/7 course selling machine!
WEEK 09: SETUP YOUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
These are the step-by-step instructions to setup your YouTube channel to sell online courses:
- Create a Youtube channel account (if you don’t have one already) → WATCH TUTORIAL
- Implement all the steps explained in this tutorial → WATCH HERE
- Use this checklist to follow along with the tutorial → SEE CHECKLIST
- Check these 3 channels to see samples of how it’s done → Sample 1, Sample 2, Sample 3
- Submit a link to your optimized YouTube channel before Sep 29th, 2017 – midnight PST (Submission link provided below)
Total estimated time: 4 hours.
Setting up your Youtube channel is just the beginning. To drive traffic from YouTube to your online courses you’ll need to upload great educational videos regularly. That’s the hard part, but at least, after this week, you’ll have the foundation to make YouTube into one of your top course sales generation sources.
- Read this article to understand how top instructors use Youtube to sell online courses → READ HERE
- Read this article to understand Noah Kagan’s strategy to grow to 100,000 subscribers → READ HERE
WEEK 09 SUBMISSION LINK AND DEADLINE
- Week 09 Submission Deadline: Sep 29th, 2017 (midnight PST)
- Assignment: Send me a link to your YouTube channel
- Submission Link – (Provided via email)
- Keep track of the full 12-week curriculum HERE
- Check everyone’s progress HERE.
- Learn the basics of how to create an online course in 1 hour HERE.
- Join the Facebook Grumo Instructors Club HERE
- Get personalized feedback from me HERE
I love to hear your comments which have been very encouraging so far. However, many of you haven’t shared your opinion so I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Here are some questions for you:
- How do you feel about this challenge?
- What would you like to see changed/added/removed from a similar future challenge?
- How much would you be willing to pay to participate on a similar challenge in the future?
- What kind of results and support would you expect for a paid challenge?
- Do you have any suggestions for a different topic for a future challenge?
Just write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback. Your answers will help me determine whether running a future challenge is a good idea or not.
Peace, Love, and YouTubing-Cookies.
P.S: Are you already overwhelmed? just focus on making a bit of progress every day. Breath and take one a step at a time, before you know it, this challenge will be over and you’ll feel super-mega accomplished!
Want to become an Online Teacher?
Get my best strategies to create, host, sell, and market online courses - Delivered with love every Wednesday at 8:00 am PDT