For next week, the goal is to EDIT and UPLOAD your lectures to your course hosting platform of choice.
Don’t fret if you haven’t finished recording all your lectures. The goal this week is to make sure you select a hosting platform and start uploading as many lectures as you can.
VIDEO EDITING TIPS:
- Remove any mistakes and reshoot any sections if necessary.
- Make sure your video fills the entire frame of your video (avoid any black bars on the sides or top of the video)
- Export your video using the settings recommended HERE.
- Save all your video files using sequential numbers to keep all your lectures in order in your computer. i.e.: 01-Lecture.mp4, 02-Lecture.mp4, etc.
- Consider getting an external harddrive to store your video files so they don’t eat up all your computers storage which can slow down its performance.
AUDIO IMPROVEMENT TIPS:
If you’re not happy with your audio because you hear noise, your computer fan, the fridge, your AC unit, or because it’s too low, you can improve it using a free tool like Audacity, or a paid one like Adobe Audition, or my favorite, Auphonic Leveler.
Here are few tutorials explaining how to use each of these tools:
- Remove background noise with Audacity → HERE
- Remove background noise with Audition → HERE
- Improve your audio quality with Auphonic → HERE
SELF-HOST or MARKETPLACES?
Not sure whether to self-host or use a marketplace like Udemy?
Make sure to read the pros and cons of each option in this article I wrote for Thinkific -> HERE.
WEEK 05 SUBMISSION LINK AND DEADLINE
- Week 05 Submission Deadline: Sep 1st, 2017 (midnight PST)
- Submission Link – (Provided via email)
- Keep track of the full 12-week curriculum HERE
- Check everyone’s progress HERE.
- Learn the basics of how to create an online course in 1 hour HERE.
- Join the Facebook Grumo Instructors Club HERE
- Get personalized feedback from me HERE
I love to hear your comments which have been very encouraging so far. However, many of you haven’t shared your opinion so I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Here are some questions for you:
- How do you feel about this challenge?
- What would you like to see changed/added/removed from a similar future challenge?
- How much would you be willing to pay to participate on a similar challenge in the future?
- What kind of results and support would you expect for a paid challenge?
- Do you have any suggestions for a different topic for a future challenge?
Just write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback. Your answers will help me determine whether running a future challenge is a good idea or not.
Peace, Love, and Video-Editing-Cookies.
P.S: Are you already overwhelmed? just focus on making a bit of progress every day. Breath and take one a step at a time, before you know it, this challenge will be over and you’ll feel super-mega accomplished!
Want to become an Online Teacher?
Get my best strategies to create, host, sell, and market online courses - Delivered with love every Wednesday at 8:00 am PDT